Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mid-Semester

Progress: Poor

Stony Brook is turning out to be a little more difficult then I had anticipated. I hate some of my classes which is making it extremely difficult to learn the material. Some of my professors are complete pricks. It's one thing to be pretencions, it's another thing to be a terrible teacher. His class is so disjointed, very annoying

My art class interests me a lot. I really like it even though it is very difficult. At least I understand the information. My fem. spir. class so metaphysical. I don't like metaphysics. I find it a challenge to grasp the material. I hope I at least get a B. My Zionism class is also a little disjointed. Sometimes I get lost in that class, but at least it is really interesting. My Mod. LA class is probably one of the worst classes I have even taken with one of the worst professors I have ever had to deal with. And lastly, my hist 301 class is good, I actually feel like I am learning something about writing.

I have a lot of essays to write and am looking forward to going to Manhattan to start doing my research. I hope to go the the Avry Library at Columbia University, Brooklyn Museum, and the Jewish Center. I have a lot of work to do and I hope to get maybe 85% of it done during Spring Break. I do not have anything else to do, I will be semi-secluded so it will aid me in focusing all my attention on these essays. I really want to do well and this Spring Break is a chance for me to do that. I have never looked so forward to doing work. I guess it will be a taste of what life will be like for me when I begin my graduate research. Being secluded and focused on scholarly work makes me feel like a real scholar.

I am ready to leave my life behind in the name of RESEARCH!

Ascetic life here I come!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think your hot ;) would you go on a date with me please i LOVE YOU!!! please dont ignore me !!

p.s im so not a stalker but you sound like a beautiful, smart individual. i wish i went to stoneybrook !

p.s again lol do you have a facebook maybe we could talk .im serious would love to chat with you, just wanna pick your mind a little

talk to you soon
john.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home